Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kiawah Beach Pictures

I have returned!

Well, okay, I returned last Sunday. But I returned with a horrible cough and sinus infection, and it's only been in the last couple of days that I've felt like uploading and organizing the mass of pictures I took on vacation. I'm composing a more detailed post, but I think it will be more efficient to begin with the pictorial highlights.

To that end, I've made a set on Flickr. It's big, with 129 pictures, and most of them have comments about the trip. If this does not deter you, and you'd like to experience the full chronicle of our Kiawah holiday in pictures (well, not really the full because I took a little over 500 pictures and only uploaded 129), go here:

Kiawah Beach Trip 2007 Photo Set on Flickr

For those wishing a less comprehensive photo tour, visit the quickie ten-picture tour below.

Kiawah-Day One at the Beach

.5 seconds after we reached the beach.

Kiawah-Day One at the Beach

The beach later in the afternoon, not quite low tide. This was taken just before it started to rain. You can see a fishing boat on the far right. For some reason, we only saw the fishing boats the first couple of days. It was very sunny for the rest of our trip (well, except for the last day, when it rained all day), but this is otherwise a very typical scene from our little cluster of rented chairs and umbrellas. The tide has, I'd guess, about fifty more yards before it hits the low point of the day, usually around 4 or 4:30. I wish I'd consulted tide charts while I was there.

Kiawah--Day Three

A picture from our third day at the beach. Boo and my mom are playing in the sand.

Kiawah--Day Three

Another picture from day three. We have one very tired little girl. This is also, by the way, not long after I was stung by a jellyfish, so I'm a bit pooped myself. It wasn't a very severe sting, but it hurt like crazy for a couple of hours. Needless to say, I was glad to relax and get some knitting done. And also very glad that it was me and not Boo.

Kiawah--Day Four

My brother-in-law.

Kiawah--Day Four

My sister in her preferred beach posture.

Kiawah 2007--Day Five

On Day Five, we built Kitty Castle.

Kiawah 2007--Day Five

It's not a trip to the beach unless you get buried in the sand.

Kiawah 2007--Day Five

Our next to last day, we biked along the beach after supper.

Kiawah 2007--Day Five

Bye-bye, beach. See you next year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! Ouch about the jellyfish sting!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cathelou said...

I'm glad there are no posts of me from the waist down.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home